Monday, November 12, 2012

Yes!

  Last week my oldest son tried out for the freshman basketball team at school. This is his first year in high school and although I thought he's be intimidated, I think I'm actually more nervous about him being among tattooed, 6 foot, 200 lb high schoolers than anything else. The tryouts were two days long and they left them hanging over the weekend with no decision being made on Friday. At one point my son was outstanding but he's gotten rusty after not consistently playing AAU and on the local Biddy Team. They say "practice makes perfect" I say "being lazy makes you a bum" harsh I know, but it's true and it's life. After falling off and even being cut once from the team in middle school, I was extremely nervous this time around. I can normally pick my kids up from anything but when it comes to something they love and Mommy having no control over a situation, my hands are pretty much tied. Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE sports and I'm especially competitive. So far my children are the same way in nature. When I sent them off to school this morning I asked #1 "Do you have your call phone?" He said yes calmly, almost too calm. I then asked like a little kid "Can you call me as soon as you look at the list He was like "Yea" again too calm for my liking. He got to school early so after an hour of not calling me, I texted him and got no response. It was then that I got an email from the Joel Osteen newsletter that I signed up to receive when Faith was in the NICU. Those emails got me through the days that I had no clear vision in sight. The Daily Word stated: 

  TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.”
(2 Corinthians 1:20, NKJV)



  I believe in signs and this message definitely  brought me a sense of peace. Finally he texted me saying "They haven't put up the list yet." I felt so annoyed but again I was at peace and then five minutes later I got this message from him "Yea i made it" I began to jump around screaming and so did Faith! We danced for a few minutes and then I got on the phone to spread the great news. I'm so excited and happy. With not too many things special going on right now, its simple things like this that can make a Mom like me smile from ear 2 ear. Yes!!!          


Photobucket

2 comments: