Wednesday, November 7, 2012

One Day Post Election Day

  So glad that the Election is over and done, hopefully we can move forward as one...Ok maybe I'm a dreamer but it makes sense if anyone wants to live a productive and bitter-free life. I cannot imagine all of the friendships that have been severed with this year's Presidential Election. There was so much mud slinging and countless amounts of disrespectful Facebook posts by many of my friends, Democrats and Republicans. It truly doesn't make sense, at least not to me. I just wonder what happened to the days that people voted and kept quiet about who they were voting for. My mother always told me "You never tell who your voting for, it's no one's business but you and that curtain" I still live by that advice. She also warned me never talk politics, religion or money with people. 

  Politics bring out the worst and I guess even the truth in people. Even the Mister and I disagree on certain political points but we've agreed to disagree. Regardless of who won, I still had to wake up this morning and take care of my family, the bills will still roll around and I still have to focus on losing more weight. I cannot and will not consume myself with hate and I wish others felt the same way. We only get 1 Life and 1 Mine, let's preserve both. 1 Love 




Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Love this! You are sooooo right!!!!! I have been blown away at how people rip each other apart over their views on things. Sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad Kat, never would imagine things would be this way in 2012.

      Delete
  2. So true Crystal! The saddest part, is that the Body of Christ was divided over this. How did Christians get into politics when they were suppose to get into winning souls?! We've alienated a group of people that we can no longer witness to...SMH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother sounds like a very smart woman!!! It was brutal this year. I saw and heard some really ugly things. Made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also made my children uncomfortable when they had to hear so much at school from their peers and teachers.

      Delete
  4. Why can't everyone just feel that way? I've even had to hear opinions at work too. They weren't necessarily bad, but I wanted to tell the lady, "You realize I don't feel the same way you do, right?" This person is not worth the debate though so I just nodded and said "yeah". I really do respect everyone's opinions, but the hateful ones, you can't take those seriously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish everyone did or at least close. The hateful ones just have to be ignored I guess.

      Delete