Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm a Hero!



  While going through #2's school things, I can across a project that he'd never shown me. It was an autobiography about himself and he did a really good job on. Noticing it was two months old and he'd never asked for help with it, I felt sorta bad. #2 marches by the beat of his own drum, he's hyper and out right gives me the blues most days but he's also very sweet. He's the child that checks on me 2-3 times while I'm in the rest room or the one that's extremely worried about me when I'm sick. Some days I think he doesn't like me much but I know he Loves the crap out of me. Well back to the autobiography, he had to include who his hero was and when I tried to make out the drawing of the person I had to look very good. The words were not to clear but when I finally made it out I almost cried. That hero was me..."My Mom is my Hero" he wrote. I sat there trying to think of what I'd did that would make him feel that way. I'm a SAHM, I don't purchase the coolest sneakers or games. I say "no" more than I say "yes" and I've heard grown-ups say I'm a bit too strict. I asked him was I really his hero and he said Yes and looked at me like...Duh. I must have hugged the poop out of him that day. That moment showed me that although I'm not where I want to be in life, I don't have big house or my dream job yet, but I'M SOMEONE'S HERO DARN IT!




Photobucket

3 comments: